Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I could use a few chestnuts roasting by an open fire.

Wow. It was so cold feeling this morning. The frost was so heavy it looked like snow. I didn't eat breakfast nor drink my hot cup of coffee because of the blood test. Routine. It has been a few years. And so. I fasted after midnight for the test. I thought I would treat myself to a breakfast afterwards but ended up in the Subway inside the Walmart. Mistake. Mediocre sandwich and not-so-good coffee. I kept my coat and scarf on whilst I perused the aisles. Cause I was still chilled. I found lots of little odds and ends that are going to help round out my gift giving. Plus the usual milk and butter that I needed. I finally felt warm when I got back into my car and found it was cozy and sun-heated.

Back home. Groceries are half put away. Home coffee reheated and consumed. Phone call with Daughter. We are making the arrangements. I will pick up the Super Carrot tomorrow after nap time. She will spend the night with us. This will allow Daughter and Son-in-Law to rise early and get Lauren to Birmingham for her MRI. I know I haven't written about this subject until now. I haven't wanted to put it in writing. I haven't been able to do that.  Here is the deal. Last week the eye doctor saw something pushing Lauren's optic nerve into her eyeball. They want to look further. Limbo. This is where we have been living for the last week. And. We will be there for a few more days. Until we get results.

Couple this with my Father's spirit being present in every sweet Christmas song on the radio and you can start to guess that my emotions are riding in plain sight. I hear my dad in every Bing Crosby-like crooned carol on the radio. I am hit with what I call the "Butterfly Kisses" affect = I can't decide whether to change channels or just enjoy a good cry. Even the not-so-sad songs conjure Dad in the car with me. I think I heard "I'll be home for Christmas" three times in one trip to town.

Do we ever stop wanting to go home for Christmas?


No comments:

Post a Comment