Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Glad tidings of great joy.

Tuesday I finished all the shopping. Running errands? Done. I will have to do one more grocery run before we head to Mom's next week. Other than that. I am ready for Christmas!!
Mr. Macho and I have made a tradition of taking his Dad and the friend-girl out to dinner during the holidays. So last night was it. We exchanged gifts at his Dad's house and headed up north to a neighboring town to a little-known restaurant called Lackey's. We have eaten there before, but only once or twice. On the way there is a flat stretch of land that afforded us the most spectacular view of the rising full orange moon that I have ever seen. It was fronted by the black silhouette of trees. It was a feast for my eyes. I could not stop looking at it.
When we arrived at the restaurant and walked into the place the very nice hostess asked if we were there for the party. I realized they were only open for a private party, and asked just that. She said yes, they only open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights - but other nights for private parties. I said oh my, we are so sorry. She said let me ask if we can serve y'all and went back into the kitchen. When she came out she said they would and showed us to an empty dining room with a huge screen teevee, 'cause it was that kind of restaurant. Catfish place. You know. The sweet hostess actually waited on us. We all ordered fried fish, with me opting for the flounder and not the catfish. And it was all good. Hot fried fish, hush puppies, baked potato (or french fries), and cole slaw. When we finished and were paying out the owner/cook came out and visited with us and was most friendly and gracious. I told him how much we appreciated them serving us - as they weren't really open. He said, as any good business man would, "if you come through my door, I'm gonna feed you!" It was a delightful evening all around.
Today I had my beauty appointment where I got all spiffed up for Christmas. The afternoon has been spent making goodies for the weekend. Bunko with some of my girlies tonight with our usual white elephant dirty Santa. That means we bring gently used items to exchange. It is always a hoot. Tomorrow and Friday will be more of the same. Cooking a little. Cleaning a little. Spreading cheer.
We need a little Christmas. Right this very minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment