Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Agree to disagree.

This day I give thanks that my children have grown up to be independent thinkers. I am so proud that they are critical thinkers. I do not think I was ever patted on the back or given encouragement when I expressed a different way of looking at things from my parents. On important issues. Keep in mind that I come from a family that favors "heated discussion" as the indoor sport of choice.

My children continue to grow in their adult opinions, as do I. But. Their experiences are very different than mine. It is natural and wonderful that each one is developing through careful observation and reflection on how they view their world. Thinking. Believing. Supporting. Voting. We are different. And. I respect why and how they are arriving at their opinions.

I love that we can agree to disagree. Find common ground. Listen. Respect.

For adult children with open minds.
Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment