Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Oops.

Missed yesterday.

I had a wonderful day shopping with my friends. I bought a few things. All on sale. Delightful lunch. Got home in time to throw together a chicken noodle soup that satisfied.

This morning it has rained. And. I am getting a few things organized. Paperwork. Plans.

Clothes are being washed. And. Folded. Slowly.

Daughter had an emotional response to some post-graduate tension yesterday. She called and almost hung up when she realized I was out with friends. I couldn't have made it through the day after hearing the panicked notes in her voice. I don't know why she thought she could deny something was wrong.  I was trying to help, but ended just trying to listen. And hear. And witness. Her frustration. She worked her way through it. And. Will work her way through it again today, I imagine. Education panic is a journey. Until the graduation. Then. We will celebrate!

What am I thankful for? For all of it. For a missed day of blogging. For fun times shared with friends. For being able to listen, and hopefully, lighten a burden. I am thankful for my sometimes messy life. Don't get me wrong. I understand it is a neat mess. My problems are miniscule. Comparatively speaking. Yet, do not negate my small messes. They are mine, and feel important. Know this - I can get through them.

For the rain. Literally. And metaphorically.
Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment