Wednesday, November 4, 2015

La primera palabra es "patience".

There will be greens cooked this afternoon. I love to mix 'em up. Collards, mustards, kale, and spinach will all go into the same pot. And. Be delicious. I'll put in onion and garlic, a spoon of sugar, and chicken broth. Come on over. I am also cooking chicken breast and the last little plastic container of cornbread dressing from last year. It's gotta go. Time to make a new batch!


***
Last week I bought grapes at the wally-store. They looked nice. Yet, they were the most bitter grapes I had ever eaten. Thinking that the taste might be some kind of chemical spray I soaked them in vinegar water and rinsed them thoroughly. No. That wasn't it. Not ripe, maybe? I let them sit and tasted them every day. The bitter taste continued. Until today. I had the bowl in my hand and was about to open the back door, headed for the compost. Then. I popped one in my mouth and you know what? It was better. More ripe tasting. Almost like a raisin flavor. 
Patience. That was all I needed to find the good in the bowl of the small fruit. 



Is there something you might need to wait out? Give it a few days. Then take another taste. 
If it isn't better, take it to the compost and don't look back. 

I am so happy to have colorful foods in my kitchen.
Thank you, Lord. 




No comments:

Post a Comment