Sunday, November 22, 2015

Back home.

It was just the ticket. Being out of town for the weekend was relaxing, in one sense, and exhausting in another. 
It was good to get out of our rut and routine and do something we hadn't done before. We attended a weekend of dances and dance workshops. Friday night the dance was fun. We are getting more familiar with the people in the ballroom dance club. Saturday we had classes in six different dances. Some we have dance before, and some were totally new to us. We surprised ourselves by hanging in there and doing all the classes. And then. Going back to the dance party Saturday night. But. By then we were about danced out. So. We danced a little. And watched a lot. And then went back to the hotel to watch the last bit of the MS State football game. (We had watched Ole Miss during our supper break!) I had taken off my glasses and closed my eyes, knowing that Arkansas was going to make a touchdown. Then the blocked field goal! I scrambled for my eyes to watch the replay! 


We woke to cold temps this morning. It is a gorgeous day. I am glad to be home. 
I am ready to start gearing up for our Thanksgiving feast. 

For this place we call home.
Thank you, Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment