Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9, 2012


Out of Town Son visited on Friday. Sweet Pea and her Mom and Dad dropped by to help dye Easter eggs. I would insert a pic, but am having technical difficulties.

The weekend was good. Only too fast. We celebrated birthday's of a sister(-in-law) and father(-in-law). Being with family just feels right. Especially when milestone birthdays are being celebrated. So welcome to the 50's Laura! And Happy #83 Grandaddy! Woohoo!
Our Easter day was spent with Daughter and her family. Lauren and Tucker enjoyed the company of the new neighbor boy. They all played happily together, outside, for most all of the day. Merritt the Super Carrot got caught napping on the job. A couple of times. She wore the same sweet dress that Lauren wore on her first Easter. Pale pink with ducks smocked across the top. Very sweet.
Group photo on the church steps. Daughter and family. And us. 
I think Tucker passed out last night from an overdose of fresh air and sugar. The combination is guaranteed to produce coma-like symptoms.
*************
Blocks were laid on Friday. One space was left to bring in the dirt.


Monday brought dirt. Work. Dirt work. I think the dump trucks delivered 7 loads this morning. It freaks me out a little because they put dirt in my neighbor's driveway so they could drive up it to dump out my dirt. Eek. Our neighbor has played Jesus for probably 15 years (or more) in his church Passion play. Our kids always liked to brag that we live next door to Jesus. Good stuff, man. Anyway. I hope they don't have a conniption when they see the dirt in their driveway. And it is almost time for them to get home from school....oh well, I digress.... 
The foundation wall is being filled and packed today. The men are working like trojans. Shoveling and packing with a hammer-jack-sort-of-packer thing. A small loader is driving over the dirt. And over the dirt. And over the dirt. My concrete man, Jed, asked me to make a decision about how much concrete to pour on the west side of the breeze way. I asked what is easiest? Wall to wall he said. Then wall to wall, I said. Later had a panic attack on the way to town. Argh. Is wall to wall the right decision? Had to talk myself down from the wall. Yes. There is no right and wrong here. Just make a decision and go with it. There is still a little tickle that says, "Jump! Change your mind!" But I don't want to be "that girl". The one who drives the contractor crazy. Always wishy washy. Not me. I am sticking with this decision. Bring on the concrete! 

No comments:

Post a Comment