Thursday, April 26, 2012

Small change.

More of the same yesterday. I finished one sewing project and worked on another. Snaky cords were back in my house. Loud hammer and power tools were constant. Toward the end of the day I sort of accidentally eaves dropped on the heated banter amongst the carpenters. I was crocheting in the living room. The back door was open. What can I say? Couldn't really understand what they were saying. Inflection moved like a pendulum. Swinging from laughter to arguing. And then back again.
Bug numbers and variety are increasing with the temperature. The flies kept trying to interrupt while I prepared a casserole of Johnny Marzetti for supper. Mom used to make it. I loved it when I was growing up. I love it now. It is a beef-a-roni kind of casserole. I have plenty to share and will give some away and freeze some. Dad said he would like some. Check. Next time I go to visit I will deliver. Mr. Macho REALLY enjoyed the casserole. He even said so.
Plywood now resides on some of the rafters. Along with the black tar paper. Hopefully, roofers will be here early next week. No meetings or lessons last night so I got to take pictures at the end of the day.

Actually took this picture in the afternoon before the workers left. I just found it funny to see boots outside my kitchen window. For some reason it reminded me of the line from "Toy Story", "There's a snake in my boot!"

A different angle. Hydrangea don't know there is construction going on. They are too busy stretching their blooms. 

Closer look. Another patio area created. Not covered. I can see pavers in the future. Leading to the porch and to the shop. 

Random shot of rafters. 

Mr. Macho checking it all out. He is standing in the new den. Bedroom in the background. 

Looking from back of addition toward the soon-to-be covered barbeque pad. One day in the not-so-distant future there is going to be a door on the brick wall. Will be able to go from kitchen - through laundry room - out to the barbeque pad. No longer have to carry/drip barbeque through living room!

Mr. Macho standing on the porch looking into the den. (Did you honestly think I would get through this post without saying porch?!)

View of the construction debris from the barbeque pad. 

7:03 a.m. and I just heard the carpenter's truck door slam. Another day begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment