Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday April 3.

Interesting day. My back muscle is on the mend, though still has some soreness issues. I am finding that a regimen of Advil and light, easy workouts are helping the most. It has weirdly affected my left arm and hand. I am having strength problems in my hand. Hopefully it will all resolve as the muscle heals and my workouts improve.

Mr. Macho checking out all the things that were accomplished yesterday. Workmen got the footings poured for the addition. The backyard is a hot mess right now.

Pouring the footings.

 This morning when I was taking my shower I heard the beep-beep-beep of a truck backing up. After I got dressed and dried my hair I peeked out the window and, magically, there was a pile of sand! No other construction news to report today except the footings have dried. That is a good thing. 

Spent the morning running small errands. I love the small town businesses - like the one that installed a new watch battery for me this morning. The little owner and I chatted while the work was done. When I got my watch back the time was right and, I think, the watch man even shined it up a bit for me. Thanks Ray's Jewelry Store.

I was doing some water heater homework this morning. I am trying to learn about tankless water heaters and if the savings on energy efficiency will be worth the extra cost of the unit. I dropped by a plumbing supply place and quizzed the resident expert on tankless heaters. So far, the old style is winning this primary. Will have to get Mr. Macho to cast his vote.

This morning I spotted a robin trying to fly off with some of the excess string used to run a level to put down the forms for the footings. There was too much tangled string and the robin gave up after 3 or  attempts. This afternoon I cut up the string. I hope Miss Robin will return and find the string easier to lift this time.

The annual snap of my amaryllis. I bought a bunch years ago to give to neighbors. There was one or two left over and I put them in the ground. Mother-in-law had pink ones, too. Have some red ones that my Dad bought me when he and Mom were living with us after the storm. 

Spring robins and string, pink amaryllis and calls from grandchildren. These are some of my favorite things. What's your favorites? 

No comments:

Post a Comment