Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Goodbye friend.

A church friend died today. Ken S. was a fixture at church for as long as I have lived in this town. Nearly 35 years now. Somewhere along the way we connected and I have missed his face the last many months while he has been home dying of some kind of cancer. My heart is so sad.

Snaps from the day's progress....
Late afternoon sun shines on the addition. Taken from the side of the yard where the future shop will stand. 

Day lilies are starting to present themselves. I believe they are transport from my Uncle Dick's yard. He had a long driveway lined with these. When I was little he would pay me "two bits" to pick the dead stalks. I learned the hard way what "two bits" means. 

The girls are competing for attention in close proximity of the amarylis. Daisies are so satisfying. 


Lynn and Bud (sister and bro-in-law) presented these to us one Christmas many moons ago. Today I filled them with a chocolate mousse (sans eggs) to celebrate Wednesday. Mr. Macho wanted two after eating one of our favorite meals - ham and pasta with garlic and fresh parmesan cheese on top. 
Full tummy. Time to chill. Later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment