Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Rafters.

More framing. More sewing. Gorgeous day. Tuesday brought rafters. 

View from my kitchen window yesterday.


 I slipped out before my workers arrived this morning for a few snaps....

This is a view of the bathroom and bedroom taken from the new den. Oops! Slight error equals a bonus for me! Who doesn't need another closet?! I had wavered on two closets between the bedroom and bathroom and decided to go with one. Only the carpenter read the lines and framed up two. Oh well. After thinking it through I am opting to keep the two closet plan. 

Obligatory pic of overall progress. It's kinda fun to walk up the board ramp. I think Tucker and Lauren will have a good time this weekend with all the wood scraps when they come for a visit. 

Looking into the bedroom from the porch! Yes. I said porch again. Because it is going to be so great. 

Uncle Jay introduced the idea of Mexican tile for the porch. I will have to do some Googling today and find out exactly what Mexican tile is. Sounds exotic. He promises it will really "finish" my porch nicely. 
Mr. Macho and I took a 'moonlight' tour after we got home from a meeting/reception last night. I held the LED lantern and climbed over a window sill. In my dress. He called me "Rose". (You must have watched the TV show "Two and a Half Men" to get that. She was the character that was always climbing over the balcony or jumping off the balcony.) 
****
I did more sewing yesterday. Almost finished Lauren's pants and the bloomers for Merritt are done. I even worked on the afghan that I am crocheting. 

Not sure what today will bring. Temps are starting to warm again. That brings bugs. One of the few downsides to this construction project. With open wounds in my house it allows all kinds of creepy crawly and flying things to enter uninvited. I catch and release some of them. Smash some. Eulogize others. No stray cats or squirrels, yet. 



No comments:

Post a Comment