Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pink Panther paper.

Stuff got done yesterday. Monday morning brought carpenters-a-plenty to our house. There were electric cords snaking though the house and power tools buzzing. All. Day. Long. Walls went up. Pink panther paper got wrapped around the new parts. Like it was a present. Merry happy Monday. To me! I can see rooms and windows and doorways. And the porch.
My house was an open breezeway. The front and back doors stayed open most all day. We have had a cool snap so I had to wear a light jacket to keep warm the entire day. Besides the sawdust and usual detritus of cutting out the old - there were plenty of styrofoam bits that blew into my house. At the end of the day Jed the carpenter (he doubles as a concrete man) asked if I was sorry I did this when he looked at the mess in my living room. Nope. I am so not sorry. I knew it would be messy. The end product is going to be very worth it.

Looking into the new den. Bathroom and bedroom are on the left. 

Looking out the window from the new hallway. That is going to be the covered patio. It was an item that was discussed and decided upon yesterday. I am becoming the Wonder Woman of decision making. 

Bedroom and bathroom are on this side of the house. Screened porch across the back.

The excitement is building over the porch. Can you tell? 

I spent most of the day Monday sewing. I sewed Merritt two pair of bloomers - minus the elastic. Will get to that ASAP. Started on another pair of cropped pants for Lauren. Son in town dropped in for lunch and we ate some of that killer pimento cheese on toast. I also made a fruity salad that was not bad. 
Mr. Macho and I went to our dance lesson in the evening. We danced the fox trot. And the bachata. And the samba. A little bit of cha-cha. A little bit of hustle and swing. A waltz or two. And came home wo' slam out. Our feet hurt. Our backs were tired. And I slept like a baby. Or a log. Whichever you prefer.  

My working men are back. Already. Hammers are pounding. Snaky cords have crawled back into my house. Power tools are humming. It is the sound of new space. See me smiling? Yup. I am.

You know what time it is getting to be? Almost birthday time. Oh June, I love you so. No other month could ever hold my heart like  you do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment