Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Just another rainty day.

Yes rainty. I admit that at first it was misspelled. But after thinking about it decided to declare it a "rainty" day. This is my definition:
rainty (adj.) - a small, petite and lovely rainy day.
******
I have to admit something else. Yesterday I almost mailed in my Publisher's Clearing House entry. Months ago I swore off of them. For a few years I mailed them in just knowing that it was MY doorstep that would be viewed all over the country with me opening my door and gasping and holding that big check and dozens of roses and balloons. Saturday I got another entry form in the mail. I affixed all the correct stickers, signed my name, licked and sealed the envelope. Monday I tossed it into my recycle bin. And yes, I will still buy the random lottery ticket when the pot reaches mega proportions. It is just that I am trying to live the words to the song - "It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you have." (Thank you, Sheryl Crow.) I win every day. Every morning I wake up with this terrific guy. Every day I can write my own story. Life is so good.
***
Uncle Jay called yesterday to say that he would be over Tuesday to lay out the rooms for our addition, IF it doesn't rain. Guess what? Yes, rainty day. And so. Towels are stuffed under the particle board closing the gaping hole where the fireplace used to be. Progress will be set back ever so slightly.
By the way. I have my yarn out again. I am searching for inspiration. I will let you know if I find it. Now I am going to enjoy this rainty day.

1 comment: