Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday.

Tuesday I drove down to visit Mom and Dad. It was a tough week. Dad talked with his sweet hospice nurse on Wednesday and told her he didn't want to take the muscle relaxers any more. Tuesday night and Wednesday were especially bad. Confused, agitated, bad night's sleep...the week got somewhat better after that. I was really hoping that I would win the Mega Millions Lottery so I could hire certified nurses to take care of Dad. That didn't happen.
Back into town on Friday. Slow progress on the house project. Rain and wet ground were a cause for delay. Hopefully the wheels will start turning again tomorrow. Here are some update snaps...
Mr. Macho checking out the demolition. This was taken last Monday evening

Fireplace minus outer layer of brick. It's just another brick in the wall. 

No more fireplace. Just a hole in the wall. 

The fireplace removal has been fortuitous since Uncle Jay discovered some pretty nasty rotten wood where the fireplace had been leaking. He will repair that and have to replace some existing sheetrock because of some mold. He also advised us to call our insurance agent because of some damage from the recent hail storm. Our insurance agent was timely and they will reimburse us for a portion of the replacement of the existing roof. Thank you, Uncle Jay! 
*****************
I am happy to report that Merrit Merritt Super Carrot has two bottom teeth. She does the cutest thing with her lips (I think she is feeling the new teeth). It makes her look like an old lady without her dentures. It is funny. 
Sweet P and her parents came over last night for a visit. Oh she is a sponge right now. She is learning something new about every two minutes. And she remembers. All of it. 
***
Today is gorgeous. Mr. Macho's ox must be in a ditch. He is out mowing the yard. I am working on book 3 in the Hunger Games series. 

I was glad to see Dad looking a little more perky when he Skyped me yesterday. Wish I could be back with my family on the Coast and be of some help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment