Thursday, November 24, 2016

Guess who came to breakfast?

When we finally rolled out of bed this morning I went in search of grits...thought I had some in the cabinet. Alas, no grits. Mr. Macho opened the kitchen blinds and it looked a sunny day. I settled on oatmeal and after taking the box out the cabinet I passed the window and looked - a fog was rolling in. I was amazed. I got Macho and we stepped out on the back porch and watched it. Talked about it. Then we went back inside. I got the oatmeal ready and was about to put it on the table...I glanced out the window once more. And? It was gone. The fog was gone. It was the strangest fog I have ever experienced. Period.

At breakfast I brought out the old video camera and we watched and listened to Macho's dad recount his childhood. It was from Christmas 2003.

And so begins our day of giving thanks. For the past. For the present. And for the hope of the future.
Thank you, Lord.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment