Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The hump.

Do you ever doubt yourself? Some days I do. I don't know if it is the ghost of old hormones. Or static electricity. Or what. But some days there is this feeling of almost dread. Like if I take the wrong step it will wreak havoc. Maybe it is the book I'm reading. Maybe it is the fact that during lunch yesterday my girlfriend got bad news. I'm worried for her daughter. I didn't sleep so good last night. Maybe it is a combination.

For instance just this morning I typed an email. There wasn't anything negative in the email. Just a 'hello, howz it going...what do you think about blah, blah, blah' type email. I just doubted that I should send it for fear of how others would receive it. So. I deleted it. Better to be safe than put you acorns out there. Right? No? I don't know.

Anyway. Let me try to accentuate the positive. I exercised this morning. My back feels good. It is two years ago this week that I had surgery. I washed my car windshield this morning. I washed glasses and dusted my top shelf over my desk in the kitchen. Sometimes it is the small simple routine things that get me back in alignment.  And so it goes.

Bringing the butter beer fudge to bunko this morning. It is okay, but the pecan pie fudge last month wins. I have to try new things, though. Or where would the adventure be?! Right? Right!

Grateful for adventures. Large. And small.
Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment