Saturday, November 19, 2016

Skippidy do dah.

So I skipped a few days. I'm not sweating the small stuff.

It is a thankful-wonderful kind of day. I hope it just keeps on going until I fall asleep. The slow wake up was delicious. It didn't feel cold in the house. Weatherman said possible storms last night, but that didn't happen. I ate my usual cereal and cooked Mr. Macho bacon and eggs. It makes the house smell so good. The bacon. After breakfast we got our clothes on and drove to town with several "to do's" on our list.

First stop - the Holiday Farmer's Market. A variety of local vendors sold their wares. I was hoping to get an idea for a Christmas gift for a friend who is hard to buy for. Well bless my soul! The first booth I came upon was a renowned local artist with small acrylic paintings. Perfect for my friend. Done. And done.

We visited with many friends and the Christmas spirit shimmied her way into our hearts. Second purchase was a huge cream cheese pound cake. We ate a slice after lunch then I put most of that in the freezer. You just wouldn't believe how big this cake was.

At the suggestion of my friend, Margo, I made my way over to a crochet artist and purchased, for 75 cents apiece, three pot scrubbers. Margo says that are just the ticket for those dirty pot jobs.

Last purchase was a quart of local honey. Had the wind not picked up, or had I been wise enough to bring an insulated jacket instead of a windbreaker, we would have shopped longer. But the cold air hurried us back into the truck.

Second stop - pick up the cooked Boston butt we ordered last week. Our church men's group does this every year as a fund raiser. This was our main course for lunch. Once again, I froze the rest.

Third stop - to purchase new light fixture for the kitchen. One of our old ones had bought the farm. So we purchased a box of two. After lunch Mr. Macho installed them and voila! They have good light. And can you believe it? There is no light bulb?! I know. Crazy right? And. These are much more attractive than the florescent fixtures that were there. Happy? Yes, thank you.

We have filled the rest of the afternoon with picking up some wooden boxes from the estate, cleaning up around the garage and shop, putting plants inside due to impending freeze tonight.

Finally we are getting some cold air. Maybe that is adding to that Christmas feeling.

I have chopped some vegetables and beef and put it all in a pot for supper tonight. Soup. On a cold night.

It's the most wonderful time of the year. Thank goodness!
Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment