Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Offspring.

Just now I went out to put a letter in the mail. I smelled rain. Then I saw some drops on the mailbox. Oh thank goodness. We've been in the "scary drought days" for months now. We need this rain.

This next bit is for my children. So if you aren't one just bear with me.

By some miracle of parenthood we won the offspring lottery. No earthly reason that our three have grown into the wonderful, strong beings they are today. We certainly were partial ingredients, but the credit has to be given to higher powers. It isn't because we were such great decision makers or that we knew just what we were doing all the time.

Our discipline probably dipped on the positive side of the meter. We protected, sometimes too much. We provided, hopefully what each one needed. It wasn't always equal. I hoped it was fair most of the time. We made so many mistakes. So many wrong turns. I think, for the most part, they have forgiven us? The thing we did right was we loved mightily.

We are so proud of each one of our three children. Each one is smart and strong. All three are funny. They love each other. And somehow they still love us.

I thank God for you my children.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment