Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Oh happy day!

Monday brought new coats of paint. The handy, dandy painter-men, Billy, Carlos, and Josh, worked like trojans and got most of the first coat of paint applied to all but a small section of the new den and the laundry room. How can I say this without sounding hooky? I have seen this in my mind's eye for a very long time. Now it is starting to morph into that vision. Like "beam me up Scottie" - only this is a house and not a person. Slowly it is starting to beam into my reality. Sheer happiness.
Matt, my main plumber-guy, did a bang up job getting my water heater set and re-installing my washer and dryer! I am in washing heaven. Got four loads done yesterday. What a luxury! Absence does make the heart grow fonder.
***
Mr. Macho and I had our dance lesson last night. The tango is hard. It will be a satisfying dance if we ever catch on. I continue to looove the fox trot. We need some more practice. Lots of it, too.
***

Billy rollin' it out.

Last shot of outside sporting the old paint colors. 

One wall complete with first coat. Notice how nice the beam looks with the paint vs. stain?

New den with partial first coat of paint. Bathroom on left. Bedroom on right. 

Looking into old den. We have to get bookshelves and piano out before next week when the floors will be installed. 

Grey paint in new bathroom. 

Love. Self explanatory. 

And so goes another day in the land of construction. Goals for the day: 
1. Pick out a front door
2. Make it to the bank
3. Drop shirt and skirt off at the dry cleaner
4. Buy new light bulbs for the new can lights
5. Whatever
****
La tee dah! Let's get this party started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment