Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sheet. Rock.

So yesterday the sheet rock was hung. Lots of dust in the house. More to come. I think this may be the worst part with all the workers, and all the dust, and all the noise. It is really taking shape though, this house addition.
New den looking toward the bedroom and bathroom.

New den looking toward the old den. 
******
With all the work and all the workers I am relegated to the old bedrooms right now. Yesterday I spent much of the day in the little old rocker that I bought at the estate sale, crocheting the never ending afghan. Since I am taking pain meds for the pulled back muscle I have hesitated to drive anywhere. I might brave it and go ride the stationary bike at the YMCA this morning. Just to get out of the dust. My sinuses are rebelling. I am waiting to hear back from my floor guy. I emailed him yesterday. It is time for him to come measure. 
I may have to resort to taking dirty clothes to Son in Town's house for a wash day. Last week Uncle Jay said the washer may be out until Wednesday. Well, I am thinking that might be delayed. Not looking like it will be ready for tomorrow. More like the end of the week or early next week. Just my guess. 

View from the new hall door. Pink and blue. On the same bush. 
***
Happy birthday to my sweet Dad. Today he is 92 years old. Wow. Such a gentle man. Born in 1920. His father owned a grocery store, traveled extensively, but never learned to drive a car. Dad learned to drive when he was 12 years old and would drive his Dad to work in the morning. Dad is the oldest of three children. His sister is still living. His brother is not. Dad studied Chemical Engineering at Mississippi State University but dropped out in the middle of his junior year. Later he joined the Army Air Corp and was a flight engineer on a bomber during WWII. He worked several jobs and retired as Deputy Director of the Gulfport Housing Authority in the 1980's. He and Mom lost their home to Katrina when they were both 85 years old. They, pretty much, had to start from scratch. At 85. Geez. 
Anyway. I wish my Dad a blessed and happy birthday. Thanks for being a great Dad. All my love to you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment