Sunday, May 6, 2012

Whataweekend.

The weekend has been berry, berry good to me. Friday night I opted not to go to the Market Street Festival concert. In the past we have enjoyed the Friday concert. I hadn't slept well the night before and I was planning to run the 5k on Saturday morning. So, no go on the concert.

Saturday. Cinqo de Mayo. Daughter's 11th wedding anniversary.
We rose early in the morning. Little bite to eat then off to the race. It was a good run and I came in second in my age group.

Yep. I am a badass runner. It is my opinion that everyone that crosses the finish line is the winner. I run. I win. You run. You win. The ladies that took an hour to cross the finish line. They win! 

After the race we strolled the streets of the festival then came home. Out of town Son and his wife drove up. They visited the festival but didn't stay very long. 'Cause it was hot. Mr. Macho's sister came over for a quick tour of the state of construction. Then it was time to get ready. We all cleaned up and headed for parts east. It was Lauren's First Communion Day. It was a grand occasion. She looked so beautiful and angelic. She remembered everything she was supposed to do. She seemed very pleased and happy with the day. It was lovely. 

 Lauren is right in the middle. With her pink ribbon.

Enjoying cake at the reception.

Lauren and her BFF. I love this picture. 

Lauren with Fr. Deecy. 

I wish I could take the good feeling from the day and bottle it for her and when she got older and I got older and we had a quiet moment I would open the bottle and we would remember the day and how it was just right. And she would know that I thought she was so perfect and lovely and their was goodness all about her. 
******
After the reception for Lauren we grabbed a bite to eat and drove home. It was late but I still made a blender of Killer Margaritas. To celebrate. Cinqo de Mayo. And they were good. And then we crashed.
***
Sunday began with a leisureliness that felt good. We enjoyed a cooked breakfast with Out of Town Son and wife. After that we sat on our patio and had a good visit before Mr. Macho and I had to clean up for, yes, another church service. Great nephew, Whitt, was baptized today and we were so happy to be a part of the large family gathered to celebrate the day. Whitt is a beautiful baby and he was so good during the long church service. 
OOT Son and wife took their leave while we were at church. We sure enjoyed their visit and can hardly wait to travel down and see THEIR construction project. An entire new house! 
****
It has been an altogether successful weekend full of family and memory making. And holiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment