Monday, May 14, 2012

Rainy days and Mondays.

Here's my story. It started out to be a terrific Mother's Day weekend. On Friday Daughter and her Super Carrot, Merritt, drove over and treated me to lunch. Merritt was so good while we were eating at Huck's downtown. She was occupied playing with paper and dots of water on the table.

Up on Saturday morning and cooked Mr. Macho bacon and french toast for breakfast. Sat on the patio and finished our coffee. Man am I loving that patio. He headed to the kitchen to clean up and I went to make up the bed. Then it all went to hell in a hand basket. While slightly lifting the mattress to tuck in the sheet I pulled a muscle in my back. It was swift and terrible. Knocked me to my knees. Several times. Every way I turned it made the muscle spasm. Mr. Macho was afraid it was kidney stones. Without too much messing around he got me dressed and off we went to the ER. Urinalysis ruled out the kidney stones. X-rays proved nothing broken or ruptured. Good meds were administered and I was sent home with even more prescriptions. The rest of Saturday was a drug induced blur. And the pain eased. We were supposed to babysit for Sweet Pea Saturday night but had to cancel. I was sorry about that.
It rained pretty steadily most of the day Saturday. And Sunday.
Sunday I continued the meds but we kept to our planned schedule. After church we drove down to lunch with Out of Town Son and Wife. Her parents, brother, his wife, and child joined us. We had some great Mugshot burgers and then went to tour his house that is under construction.
Love the brick they picked out. 

Looking toward the front door. Living room area and, I think, a dining area. They may re-purpose the dining area.

Back of house with a porch. 

Lots of tree cutting and land clearing is in the future. They have a huge size lot. Many good trees to choose from. I am so happy for them. 

I have taken meds this morning and my mind is mushy...the only description I can come up with for their house is precious. Sorry. Sappy word. Truly it is a house that will accommodate them very nicely and be more than comfortable. It feels roomy and, even in the dirty construction phase, has nice fung shway. It feels like them. It is a nice open living space. The master bedroom and closet are roomy and terrific.
*******
On our way home Son in Town called and invited us to dine at his house last night. It was a sweet Mother's Day supper. He cooked a good steak and served a tasty salad and some delish twice baked taters. Sweet Pea was in rare form being cute and all.

*****
Friday pics...
Laundry demolition. 

New can lights in old den. 


Our construction project finally feels like we are camping out. Washer and dryer won't be hooked back up until mid-week. Am hoping our clean underwear holds out until then. Mr. Macho moved some more furniture into the kitchen this morning anticipating demolition of the living room - which is happening as I type. We ate breakfast at the bar. Television is unplugged and tucked away in a bedroom. So, I am relegated to listening to the radio, reading, and crocheting today. I will not be driving anywhere since I am on the meds that make me groggy. Not sure if we will make it to dance class tonight. If we do, I might have to spectate instead of participate.
The changes that are happening this year are exceptional. I am maintaining a positive attitude regardless of the living conditions right now. The ends will justify the means. Am thankful for the slightly cooler temps. I can hardly wait until I can clean house.

More demolition. Living room. Total camp out status. 

Oh my!


Hope your day rocks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment