Thursday, May 17, 2012

The worst part.

I believe we are living through the worst part of our construction project this week. For one thing, Uncle Jay's trusty side kick, Russell, had an accident in the work truck last week. His injuries were not life threatening, thank heavens. He is still recovering and that has been tough on Uncle Jay. He was extremely worried about Russell the day of the accident and he continues to be most concerned with his complete recovery.
For another thing, it is sheet rock week. Hanging. Mudding. Tomorrow = sanding. Dust upon dust. It will take a year to get all the dust out the house. I fight the urge to clean it up now, knowing that tomorrow it will get worse. 
Next week. Clean up. New paint. Floor man will come measure. Laundry room will be functional. It will be better. 
Today I met Uncle Jay at the building supply store and picked out a new front door. I went with my second choice for half the price of my first choice. I will be very happy with it. I then proceeded to the cabinet shop and made all the small decisions on the cabinets. Done. And done. 
Here are some new snaps. It may not seem like very much progress. But it is. Truly it is. 

Uncle Jay installed some door knobs late yesterday. Mr. Macho wanted to run the AC last night. And he did. We now have such nice insulation that the unit didn't run for very long and the house was cool all night long. 

Messiness is a necessary evil right now. We will survive this. And it will be great.

Looking from the corner of the new bedroom into the den. Walls are totally mudded. The rockers are supposed to come back this afternoon to stipple the ceilings. 

View of the old den. It really feels larger without the old paneling. 

Our pathway to the bedrooms. Trying to avoid bringing too much dust and mud into the old bedrooms. 
*****
Daughter texted me this morning that Super Carrot pulled up on the toy box at school today. Isn't she clever?! Of course she is. 
The plans for the upcoming weekend promise to be busy. Dancing at a retirement home with our dance class on Saturday. Mr. Macho will probably spectate. The rest of us will do some fun line dances. There is a really neat waltz line dance that I like. 
Sunday is our food fest at church. One of my home-girls asked me to make some dessert. I was hoping to escape the food preparation. Oh well. I'll figure something out. 
And so goes another day in the life. 
I'm making some reubens for supper. One of Mr. Macho's favorites. Just us and the dust.  
Got to run. The rockers are back. Goodbye quiet moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment