Monday, August 19, 2013

2013 EPT. Day four.

Before I wrap up my adventure tale I need to give a shout out to my GPS. Woot woot! We had very little trouble navigating Memphis thanks to this handy little device. There were only one or two tense moments: 1. The GPS lost satellite connection and I panicked. 2. Navigating the one way streets around the Civil Rights Museum. 
I must say. The GPS got us there every time. 
It sure made my map reading duties much more tolerable for Mr. Macho.
***
All good things must come to an end. And so it was with our Elvis adventure. Sunday we found a beautiful church where we went to worship. We then headed south.

After a good lunch at one of my fave's = Newks, and a quick stop at Sam's, we continued the Elvis experience.

Mr. Macho reluctantly agreed to a quick photo op in front of the hardware store where Elvis bought his first guitar. Mr. Macho snapped the shot without even getting out of the car. 

Elvis was born in this house in 1935. It has two rooms. He lived here until he was three years old.

This view of the kitchen actually looks bigger than what it really is. 

There you have it. Our little adventure ended with no fanfare and a little soft rain. 
You know how in remembering things they sometimes take on soft edges? I think I am already romanticizing these memories into how I want to remember them.  The few days were so fun. And now. They are taking on the soft glow in the telling of what a good time we had.  It was made all the richer in that  Mr. Macho was such a willing participant. His enjoyment multiplied the good vibrations.

Day four, totally cool. Good ending to fun times. 
Elvis has left the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment