Monday, August 19, 2013

2013 EPT. Day three.

Saturday. What to do? The zoo!! Of course. I promised myself that I wouldn't take pictures of the animals. I thought it would be too boring. But. The pandas took my heart and the polar bear captivated my interest. I didn't realize how many photos I took of the polar bear until I got home. He was swimming laps and he looked so big!

At the Memphis Zoo.


Mr. Macho. We were entering the panda exhibit.


One of the two giant pandas at the zoo.  It was fun watching them strip and eat the bamboo.

Polar bear swimming laps.

We ate some yucky sandwiches at the zoo because it was convenient and we wanted to hurry to the next thing. 

The next thing was the Civil Right Museum. It was most interesting. Well done. Not too, too long. My back and legs were getting tired after all the walking at the zoo. But. I am so satisfied that we did this museum. 

It was more moving that I anticipated to stand on the balcony where Martin Luther King, Jr. was shot. This room, 306, was where he had stayed and just stepped out when he got shot. I just have to believe that James Earl Ray was paid to do this. Otherwise, where did an out of work bartender get the money to travel to Canada and then Great Britain where he was apprehended?

We attempted another Redbirds game. But. By the time we got there it was standing room only. Okay. We went in and got something to eat. Found a spot in the left field lounge (a spot on the grass). Then it started sprinkling. We got up and got under the pavilion before the rain started in earnest. After an hour of game delay we realized that, even if we waited, we would have no dry place to sit for the rest of the game. So we called it a day.

Even considering the rain out, day three was a success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment