Monday, August 5, 2013

Quick post.

Twas a good weekend. Omens and signs did not point that way early on. The plan = to pick up Merritt Friday night so that Daughter could back-to-school shop the tax free weekend.
Thursday night...Daughter calls with stomach bug. Friday morning...my back pops when I try to pick up laundry basket. Did I cancel? NO! Warriors don't quit. This weekend, I decided to be a warrior. We know what Glennon says, "We can do hard things" and "Love wins".

So. Picked up The Carrot Friday afternoon. And spent the weekend being in tune with her almost two year old spirit. At two we are very repetitive. She wants everything "again" or "one more pime (time)". Mr. Roger's Neighborhood videos? One more 'pime'. Singing "Bringing home a baby bumblebee" on the back porch? One more 'pime'. Reading the counting book? One more 'pime'. Running on the back porch? One more 'pime'.

She is an easy baby to have over. She has graduated from the pac-n-play. She slept in a regular bed. I lay down with her for 2 minutes and she was sound asleep. Both nights. And nap time on Saturday. Excellent.

The only melt down came when washing the hair. She does not like washing the hair. At. All.

Mr. Macho spent his day Saturday weed eating and trimming bushes at his Dad's house. Labor of love. The yard is large and needs even more TLC.

My back? I used my nice foam roller to help work out the kink. And actually, my back feels better this morning than it has in weeks. No blood, no foul. We CAN do hard things.

On to the soup kitchen to feed our friends this morning. I get to be the cole slaw lady since the real one has taken a job. I think my boss doubts I can fill the shoes. What can be so hard about cole slaw? I said. We have the recipe. We have the cabbage. No problem. I'll let you know.

So. Good weekend. Another granddaughter slated to visit next weekend. Am going to look forward to that all week.

Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment