Monday, August 12, 2013

Empty nest. Again.

I dropped Lauren off at the half way point this morning. She was a lovely weekend houseguest. We played Uno and the flip-flop game and put a puzzle together. We went to the pool. That was fun. She can swim well and do flips backwards and forward in the water. We made a double layered pudding dessert. We ate out at a Mexican restaurant and she DID find something there that she likes to eat. Chicken nuggets. Saturday night we watched the Judy Moody movie on Disney. I liked it. Really liked it. 
After church and lunch on Sunday we spent several hours sewing. Pillows. One for her and some for her elf dolls. It was peaceful. We played more of the same games. Uncle in Town and Peyton came over for a visit. 

I miss Lauren. Already. 

***
I have phone issues that I must go into the store to resolve. It may spell a new phone. Or a new phone service. I am not sure. 

Tomorrow I must go have my tire fixed. There is a screw in it. 

***
And. It is our anniversary tomorrow. Mr. Macho and I tied the knot 36 years ago - August 13, 1977.  
3 children ago. 4.5 grandchildren ago. A lifetime ago. A good lifetime. I can barely remember life without him. Before I get all mushy I will just say that I am still crazy about him. Even after all these years. 

Anybody up for a couple of verses of "Going to the Chapel"? No?
Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment