Friday, August 23, 2013

Sentimental.

This post is absurd. Crazy.

I don't even know where to start. Let me just show you...

After Mr. Macho and I got married, 36 years ago, I carried his phone number in a little leather coin purse that my uncle had given me. I rarely called him and could not remember his work number from one minute to the next. And so. I carried it. Over the years I would happen upon the little piece of paper with his number on it. Instead of throwing it away, I just put it back in the little purse. Even after I could remember his number. I just kept it. For all these years. And discovered it again today. It is worn. Almost see through. It is about to disintegrate. So I decided to immortalize it in a photo. 

It was written on an old laundry list from the college that I attended. And graduated from. How do you throw away sentimental things like this? There is no reason to hold on to it. Right? Why is it so hard? Just because it is old? Or because it reminds me that we were so young and freshly married and life together was so new and terrific? Yes. All those things. 

Maybe I will work up the nerve to throw it away this time. Maybe not.

***
Good green gumbo is cooking on the stove. Cornbread will get made later. 
Margarita ingredients are in the kitchen. 

Dirty bathrooms to scrub right now.
Be sweet.



1 comment: