Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 12 of thanksgiving challenge.

I am thankful that I have a sewing machine and know how to use it. Thank you Mrs. Putnam. I know you didn't think I was paying attention in Home Economics in the 7th grade - but I am transported back to the Home Ec. room above the stage in the gym every time I iron new fabric - it smells just like your classroom. You thought that just because the only test I really did well on that year was sex ed. I wasn't getting it, but I did absorb some other useful information. I am no expert seamstress by any means, but I can put a simple pattern together and even create simple things on my own. And it feels really good to be able to do that.
Number One Daughter picked out some fabulous fabric yesterday (she has a great eye for the retro prints) and today I am sewing matching bibs and burp cloths - backed with terry cloth. I had hoped to buy some chenille to use for backing but Hancock Fabrics only had hot pink and blue chenille. Not my color preferences for this project.
I would post some pictures of what I have finished so far, but I left my camera in my car yesterday and Mr. Macho has the car. Oi vey. Will try to post some tomorrow.
Got to baby sit Sweet Pea today. She is easy to sit on, only she doesn't like to go to sleep. Ever. Today I learned that she does like chicken noodle soup. Better than banana and apple mixed with rice cereal.
An altogether satisfying day. For that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment