Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Number 9.

I am thankful for the gifts that arrive every day. Yesterday it was a lovely box of fruit that sister and brother-in-law, Steph and Harry, delivered to me. It was filled with grapefruit, oranges, lemons, satsumas and kumquats. They grew all the fruit themselves. I was glad I got to visit with them while they were traveling back home after their granddaughter's wedding. 
Some days the gifts that present themselves are not as tangible as a box of home grown fruit. Some days are so ordinary that I have to think real hard about what I am thankful for. Some days I have to remind myself that it's not about having what you want, rather it is about wanting what you have. Keep it simple and keep a thankful heart. That is my mantra for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment