Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Last day of thanksgiving challenge. #30.

This exercise has made me realize how much I take for granted. I have had to think hard about what to be thankful for every day. The big things I am so obviously thankful for. I wanted to be poetic like some other creative blogs I read. But I am in a different spot it life...no small children to force me to realize the small wonders of every day. Neither am I on a farm so that I have much of nature and animals to make me see the beauty and be thankful for the beauty in rural life. I live in a typical neighborhood. I have been here for 28 1/2 years. For that I AM thankful. I am thankful for the good job that has afforded us a comfortable living. I am thankful for the familiar. Every day I try to follow Sheryl Crow's advice and remember "it isn't having what you want - it is wanting what you have."
I am thankful that this challenge has come to and end. Time to celebrate! Put your happy Hanukah pants on, turn up the Christmas music and let's get jiggy. Open your heart and let love in.

No comments:

Post a Comment