Monday, November 7, 2011

Seventh day thanksgiving.

I am so thankful that I get to work once a month with some terrific ladies and gentlemen at our Loaves and Fishes Ministry. Two churches pair up every Monday, Friday and third Thursday to feed people. Today we fed 208. Our current menu is simple - ham, macaroni and cheese, green beans, mixed fruit, a roll and two cookies. Next month we will change to chili, cheese and cornbread. My church, in cooperation with another area church, takes the first Monday of the month and we feed anyone who finds their way to our locale. No questions asked. I have come to really love the ladies from the other church, too. It is humbling to serve hungry people. Some of the people are smelly. Some are high. The come in all shapes and colors and ages. Most all are hungry. Some more than others. But they all get fed. Many are thankful and gracious in accepting the food we have prepared for them. Some are so profuse with their blessings and thanks that it just warms my heart.
I am thankful that I have food on my table. I am thankful that I am able to humbly serve. I pray blessings on each man, woman and child that eats at our table.

No comments:

Post a Comment