Friday, November 18, 2011

Thank heavens #18.

I am thankful to be home. I had a really good trip to the coast to see the folks. They are both 91. On Wednesday one of my Dad's cousins from New Jersey came for a planned visit. While I was growing up Dad didn't have much contact with his Dad's family. In the last 5 years several of his cousins have contacted him and visited by computer, phone and in person.  They are a lovely, interesting bunch.
Wednesday several of my siblings were also present and we delighted in hearing stories and connecting the family dots. There may have been as many as 20 siblings in my Grandfather's family. Not sure. It is a good story of immigrants and doing well in this country. They came through Ellis Island. Thankful for newfound cousins, good travel weather and no speeding tickets.
I am also thankful that Mr. Macho is taking me out to eat tonight. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment