Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Brrrrrrrrrr.

It was 29 degrees when we got out of bed this morning. No. Not inside. We are a toasty 70 degrees since I turned on the heat Monday night. The cold makes me bundle up and step quicker.

Yesterday Mr. Macho loaded up our old natural gas fireplace insert into his truck with the help of his co-worker. They came during their lunch hour. It has been in our carport for over a year. It is still in great condition. I still had all the paper work, instructions, and even the old warranty paper. When he got home we loaded up the old mantel that used to be above the fireplace. It has been under our bed for over a year. Habitat for Humanity is gathering things to have a warehouse sale with proceeds going to fund affordable housing for people that need it. It was so satisfying to donate the items to this more than worthy organization. I think the people in the organization were happy to get the items. But. I was stoked to give them.

Today I am bringing the gratitude in spades for...

31. A cleaner carport.
32. Rocking this day.
33. The cold actually.

Snaps of what I have been up to...

I ordered myself some blocks for carving and printing. I pulled several prints off this first one. Finally got a good print on about the fourth try. I have framed it and hung it. I am happy with it. 

Hats going south.
Aunt Mimi asked if I would work up a few hats for her grandbaby. So. I got bizzy. When I do something like this I have a hard time finding the end. It's like I just want to keep crocheting just one more. And then. One more. You get it. I have to make myself stop by finding another project. That is what I did. I am now working on a yellow and black granny square afghan. And. I am trying to finish the baby afghan that I started months ago. Really, I am. 
***
Rock on. Be sweet. 
*****
Post script:
More things to be thankful for at day's end:
34. The smell of peas cooking in the pot.
35. Making my hair appointment today. Nearly forgot.
36. Glass of chardonnay.
37. Still rockin' the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment