Tuesday, November 19, 2013

What's the buzz?

Oh. We had a fun dance class last night. The numbers were low. That mets out to more individual attention from the instructor. He had lots of good technical details to give us that really clicked with  Mr. Macho and me. Our fox trot is starting to get cleaned up. The moves are finally starting to make sense. All good. 
***
The house is always too quiet after company comes and goes. That is the way it feels today. So I engrossed myself in this block carving art project for a bit...

I might just frame some of these. 

*****
I have been thinking. I know. Sometimes that is dangerous. There were certain ideas that our parents brought us up believing were absolutes. When I was little my Mom used to plead with us to never put her into a nursing home. I mean really plead. She felt so strongly about it. When I was very young I had a bad, bad connotation of nursing homes. Today I feel differently. 

Another mind set that our parents drove into us was to not fight over their "things" when they die. Now, I translated that into never being at odds with my siblings. It has felt the heavy burden. Sometimes. I am examining my thoughts on this particular subject. I am amending how I feel about family relationships. I suppose people are in a continual state of amending relationships. We learn new things about each other and ourselves and adjust accordingly. And so it is with me. At times, there is peace. There is often disagreement. Opposing perspectives. Frequently there is unsolicited advice. 
Always there is love. 
***
50. Time for art.
51. Siblings.
*
Be sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment