Thursday, November 7, 2013

With gratitude. Day #7.

Thank you God. For giving us food. For the friends we meet. And the food we eat. Thank you God. Amen. - Lauren taught me that prayer. Sung to the Super Man theme. We didn't know it for a year or two that it was called the Super Man prayer. When she finally told us the name - it was an "aha" moment.

Today I am thankful because...

19. My tummy is growling. I just filled it with leftover cold sweet potatoes. So thankful to have plenty to eat.
20. I have a brave Daughter that puts others needs before her own. Even strangers. I think she has always been my hero.
21. It really looks like fall outside today. Leaves on the ground.



Today. I didn't get bent out of shape at the driver in front of me that waited so patiently for the old lady in front of her to discard her grocery basket and then back out of the closer-to-the-store parking spot. I was tempted to skirt around her quickly and peel out, flipping a particular finger in her direction. But then. When she parked and got out her car -she limped herownself on into the store. And so. I felt much relieved that I had not misbehaved while waiting for her to glide into a prime parking spot for grocery shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment